I consider myself part of the Trinity Project family. As with a physical family, I understand that membership has its benefits as well as its responsibilities. Membership allows a deeper level of participation, belonging, intimacy, connection and communication. As a Trinity Project member, I will be eligible to serve on the church board, staff or in other leadership roles.
I believe that God is using the Trinity Project to help Portlanders discover Christ and grow spiritually, and that investing myself in that vision offers deep and lasting spiritual rewards. Therefore, I commit myself to the following four covenants:
- I have chosen to follow Jesus Christ and have demonstrated my commitment by being baptized.
- I accept the Trinity Project Statement of Faith.
- I choose to increase in my devotion to Jesus by practicing prayer and other spiritual disciplines.
- I am seeking to align my life with the biblical message.
Solidarity With the Church
- I will seek to further the purpose and model the values of the Trinity Project.
- I will attend Trinity Project gatherings regularly.
- I will invest in constructive relationships within the church community.
- I will support and build up the Trinity Project. Should disagreements or conflicts arise, I will deal with them as scripture instructs in Matthew 18:15-17.
- Since everything I have belongs to God, I will freely and conscientiously invest myself in God's kingdom and in the local ministry at the Trinity Project.
- I will invest my time and money in the mission of the church.
- I view myself as someone God is sending to impact my world (Isaiah 6:8).
- I will look for opportunities to be equipped and to serve Jesus joyfully in ways appropriate to my personality, gifts and passion.
- In the course of my service I will honor those God has called to positions of spiritual authority in the church.
- I will invest myself in constructive and redemptive relationships with people outside the church community.